Ron’s practice focuses on resolving disputes.
Ron Pizzo draws upon his extensive experience, trusted judgment and insight to develop customized strategies to resolve your disputes. Whether your issue requires persuasive advocacy before courts and arbitrators or you need coaching and/or mediation, Ron has specialized training and know-how to deliver the right problem-solving tool.
Ron works with individuals, corporations and organizations providing litigation, relationship management, conflict coaching and mediation services for his clients. He works with groups and teams to resolve internal conflicts and to create respectful, engaged, working environments. His background includes:
- Labour and employment legal counsel providing strategic and litigation advice on a range of issues, from everyday to highly complicated matters with a client roster ranging from small businesses to large institutional clients.
- Civil litigation with an emphasis on construction disputes.
- Peer ranked in The Best Lawyers in Canada® – Labour and Employment Law, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Peer ranked in The Best Lawyers in Nova Scotia® in 2016.
- Coaching and Mediation with an emphasis on disputes in the working world where he offers leadership and conflict coaching.
- Certification in advanced Transformative Mediation – Institute of Conflict Transformation
- Trained mediator holding certificates in ADR and Advanced ADR from Stitt Feld Handy
- Qmed designation – ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) Institute of Canada
- Vice-President of ADR Atlantic Institute
- Certified Coach – Coaches’ Training Institute
- Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), Atlantic Chapter
Ron provides third-party mediation services through Halifax Mediation.
A generous portion of Ron’s time is devoted to charitable causes. He is on the Board of Directors for Adsum House that provides emergency and affordable shelter for women and children in need. He volunteers with Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia on access to justice issues.